" Hey matt! I'm heading out, Gotta pick kaylee up from school" I shouted across the workshop. Today has been so long and i just cant wait to see my amazing girlfriend. Honestly i cant believe we have been together for five years already, It feels just like yesterday that I met her. Pulling up to the school with my new car thanks to my dad, I see kaylee talking to one of her friends.
"Hey babe, How was school?" I questioned her, she looked like it may have been an extremely stressful day.
"It was good, How was work?" she questioned me right back with one of her amazing smiles.
"Honestly it was pretty shitty, I was the only one that didn't take any breaks, and everyone else took a break every five seconds," i exclaimed trying to hide my irritation, I never wanted to lose my temper around her. Kaylee told her friend goodbye and as soon as she got into the car she started to question me.
"What do you want to do today hun?" thinking about other things i looked at kaylee, kissed her on the cheek and replied with "Well that depends, what do you want to do today babe?" thinking kaylee would just say something as simple as lets just chill out at your apartment, When all of a sudden she shocked the hell out of me when she screamed
"I want to go to prom" Startling me, causing me to swerve a little in to the next lane, Shocked i looked at her "Whens prom babe?" i asked with a smirk on my face hoping to myself that it wasnt this weekend coming up, She had a habit of dropping things in my lap at last minute.
"It is saturday" she exclaimed really shy yet excited. All that had come to my mind was Shit, my plan goes right out the window,
"Whats wrong babe?" I heard her ask me concerned, but i didnt want to answer because i didnt want to ruin the surprise. So i have come to the conclusion that i will just have to make it happen at prom.
"Nothing babe, just a bit of the headache," I exclaimed with a smirk as we pulled up to her house. Her mom was outside watering her precious flowers. I dont get why she keeps them around tho, She complains about them more then anything, Yet she says they are her babies.
"Hi keegan darling, Thank you for bringing her home!" She screamed to me loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear, But its one thing i have to get use to. I wish she would just get use to it and stop saying thank you all the time. I really dont mind it, I get to see my girlfriend.
I ran my fingers through my hair and shouted "uhm yeah no problem!" trying to hide that i was a little annoyed.
"I am soo sorry about her," Kaylee sarcastically told me as she was leaning in to kiss me on her way out of the car, When i left Kaylees house i rushed to find my phone while trying to stay in my lane. I had to call my cousin Alaina to see if she could help me learn to dance so i wouldnt look like a fool with two left feet at kaylees prom.
"Hey its alaina, talk" she answered excited like she always was, i swear nothing gets her down and if it does, well she doesnt show it.
"hey cuzo, How much do you love your favorite cousin?" I asked her smiling really big even though she couldnt see me smiling.
"What do you want?" she replied sarcastically, I could tell from her voice she was holding in a giggle.
"Well kaylees prom is coming up on saturday" i couldnt even get the whole sentence out before she screamed
"Oh you mean that girl you haven't introduced me to yet," She sarcastically asked while laughing.
"Yeaaaa, that girl, and sorry i will bring her over for dinner sometime soon, I promise" i reassured her.
"I know i havent met her, but from what you told me she's pretty rad, but wait wont her prom ruin all your plans?" she squealed with a hint of worry.
"Well that is what i thought too, but then i got to thinking about it more, and it just might work out exactly the way i want it too" i explained while smiling.
"Well i guess that is pretty rad, but if you have it worked out then what do you need me for?" she questioned.
"Well see i need you to teach me how to dance, like i said when i first called, I would ask someone else but you took that ballroom dance class when your mom made you, so you're kind of a professional" I stated joking around.
"Well i guess because i really like how happy this girl make you, i suppose i will help you, But you have to bring her over sometime soon or i will kill you!!" she said loud enough to make sure that i understood her.
The time was about four thirty when i finally got home and changed out of my work clothes which was just enough time for Alaina to blow my phone up.
"Meet me at the mall, Like now and we can practice" She explained. I told her that i would be there in a matter of seconds. I was really hoping that she didnt have a class going on because i did not feel like dancing in front of all her little kid students.
"Where have you been?! It doesnt take that long to get from your moms to the mall!" alaina yelled at me as i was walking through her studio doors,
"Well maybe thats because i dont live with her any more, ha i got my self my very own apartment, plus there is this little thing called traffic. Not everyone lives walking distance." I said joking around nudging her.
It felt like we have been dancing forever! and my feet were defiantly killing me, When all of a sudden as the song we were dancing to ended i heard someone behind me, It sounded just like kaylee. I thought it couldnt be her, when when i turned around and looked up. Sure enough it was kaylee and i dont think i ever seen her this mad.
"What the hell are you doing keegan" She screamed questioning me, Making sure that everyone even outside of the studio could hear as well.
"Babe its not-" i tried to get out but she had no intention of letting me explain
"How could you-"
"Babe its not what you think" I finally screamed only to hear her scream louder
"Screw you and that whore keegan, I cant believe you!" she was crying now, i cant stand seeing her cry, It kills me. Alaina tried to tell her its not what she thought but Kaylee was already gone. I blew it, five years down the drain... She hates me I thought to myself.
"Do you want to continue keegan?" alaina asked, I ignored her and just left. It has been three days since i talked to kaylee. This has been the longest that i have gone without talking to her, or seeing her and it was driving me crazy. Even though we havent talked i still had the prom ticket that she had gotten for me. I thought to myself
"I have got to fix this." I put my tuxedo on and drove to her school, thinking i was insane. Waiting outside trying to decide if i was doing the right thing, I seen her friend Jenni
"Hey Jen, Is kaylee here already?" I asked concerned that she would just ignore me and sure enough all i got was a quiet nod. I was nervous not knowing what the outcome would be, But as i walked through those tall doors there she was. Dancing with her friends. She looked happy, Her beautiful brown hair swaying with every move, and Her blue eyes sparkling in the lights. I started walking over to her as i was thinking to myself
"How stupid could i have been? i should have just told her i am not a good nor even an ok dancer" The only thing that made sense to at this moment in time was to make things right with the love of my life. I ran up to her and grabbed her hand, Of course she looked mad but i didnt care. I wanted everything to be alright again. I pulled kaylee in close to me and held her, I froze for a second just taking the moment in knowing this very well could be the last time she is ever this close to me again.
"I wasnt cheating on you babe, I swear it. That girl her name is alaina, and she is my cousin. All she was doing was helping me learn how to dance" I whispered quietly into her ear as we swayed back an forth to the music.
"Keegan if that is all true, then why didnt you just tell me? Why did you have to hide it? And why havent i met her? I have met everyone else in your family" she struggled questioned me,
"i.. well i just havent taken you over there yet because she is always super busy with her studio, and i didnt want to tell you i was a bad dancer, because i was embarrassed," i didnt know what else to do when suddenly our song came on, I thought to my self
"Well this is a better time, if any" i got down on one knee, my heart was beating faster than a nascar
"Kaylee anne jones, I love you more than life it self, You are silly with me, your loving, caring, and just an all out amazing woman, Would you do me the greatest honor in the world and marry me?" I asked her nervously. I had no idea what her exact answer would be and i would be lying if i didnt say i was scared she would say no. When all of a sudden in the dark a strobe light hit her face just right and i noticed her smile and slowly shake her head yes with tears tumbling down her face and mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment