I found myself laying on the couch, Day dreaming about that frightful summer. I have met one of my best friends in the entire world that summer. It has been five miserable years since she passed away and it still feels just like yesterday. One of my favorite memories i love to think about over and over again is when we were sitting on the beach, toes in the sand. The summer our parents let us go to Lake Michigan with out them for once. We were so over joyed that we have gained their trust to be able to go and have fun on our own. After spending a little time out on the beach we ran up to our hotel and asked for the biggest room they had.
"Nina i claim the bed near the window!" i excitedly screamed as we ran into the room that we would be staying in for the next three months.
"That's okay Jess, I don't want that bed anyway" Nina exclaimed in a sarcastic way while trying to hide a smile. We weren't there for long before we noticed some really attractive guys down to the lake.
"Look out!!" we heard a voice yell toward us as we were setting up our towels, An attractive tan guy ran over to us just as a ball fell at Nina's feet.
"Hay Sorry about that, Guess we hit the ball a little too hard" He exclaimed with a smile as he bent over to pick the ball up.
"Hey you are totally fine,," Nina replied as she was smiling. Although she didnt say anything I could tell that Nina had found love at first site, By the sparkle in her eyes while she looked at him. It was about six thirty when we found our way back to our hotel room and our backs looked as red as lobsters.
"I am so freaking tired, and My body hurts so bad" I moaned as i fell to my bed.
"Jess come on, you can not be tired, I mean your body hurting i understand, but tired!? its summer and we are by our self. We are suppose to be having fun, Not being lame!" trying not to smile Nina yelled at me, Nina was excited and jumpy so i told her i was going to stay in the room and take a nap, She could go down to the beach and have some more fun if she wanted to.
"Okay Jess i will be back in a couple of hours, I promise." Nina insisted. It was eleven thirty in the morning when i woke up. The television was still on, I guess I was tireder then i originally thought i was. Nina was gone, I thought she may have just went down stairs to the lobby to get some of the breakfast, So i got dressed and headed down as well.
"Well good morning miss, What can i get you to eat this morning?" one of the waiters asked me, Looking around i shook my head and replied with Nothing, thank you. I didn't see Nina anywhere, i decided to go look at the beach since that is where she said she was going to be the night before. While walking down the boardwalk to the beach i heard an elderly lady scream,
"ON MY GOD, SOME ONE HELP!" and of course curiosity got the best of me, So i ran over to where the elderly lady was. Nothing could have prepared me for what was coming next. I fell to my knees, tears just kept falling out like i was some kind of human waterfall. There just laying in the street, nothing but a red stained sheet, not breathing was Nina. With the amount of blood i guessed what ever was under that sheet was what caused her death. All i could get out was who? Who could have done this to her, She was the sweetest most caring person in the world. I had to go home and tell her parents what happened, and that was something that i was scared to do. Why she was murdered was never discovered, but that day who ever took her away from us, well part of me left to. I don't think i could ever forget that day i lost my best friend on lake Michigan.
No comments:
Post a Comment