"Abbie, come say goodbye sweetie I got to get to work" my dad screamed for me,
"Dad wait!" I screamed running to him, but he kept getting smaller like he was running away from me.
"I love you babygirl" I heard him scream,
"I love you daddy" i screamed as loud as i could, Suddenly I heard my mom yell
"Hunnie its almost time to go get your dress"
It was just a dream, i whispered to myself, I hate dreaming about my dad because i feel like i have to say goodbye all over again, But i guess at least I get to see him.
"Ill be down in a minute!" i yelled to my mom while wiping away the tears. I reached over to my nightstand and grabbed my dad's picture. It was him and his fire rescue team, The bravest men I have ever met in my entire life. Even if i was nine years old at the time. I pulled out my old notebook covered in my dads photos. I started looking back at all of my letters to my hero.
September 11, 2002
Dear Daddy,
Its been a year since you went with god. I started fifth grade. Mommy misses you, But shes doing a little better now. We see this nice lady every week and we talk about you alot. She told me if i started writing letters to you, that you would see them because you are an angel now. I miss you daddy, I wish i could see and hug you. I know you're not in pain anymore. Mommy and me will see you soon. I love you daddy.
bye-bye hero
Abbie
September 11, 2003
Dear Daddy,
Its been three years since you passed away. I started middle school this week. Its so big! I think I am going to get lost. I met a boy today. He came up to me crying, he seen my picture of you in my locker and said that you were one of the firefighters that saved his dad from the burning towers. I tried, But i couldn't stop the tears. He told me that he was sorry that you weren't here and he hugged me. I wish i was as brave as you daddy. I am so glad that i can call you my dad, My best friend and most important my hero. I will be twelve soon, I wish you could see the cake mom is making for me, Its huge. We went to the mall today and mom got us a stickers for the car and for my bedroom. It has a picture of the two towers that you were trying to save and they say
"We will never forget the day of the falling towers. September 11th, 2001. We lost fire fighting heroes, but most importantly a father"
They had ones for kids that lost their moms and other family members too. Well i have to go daddy, got homework to do. I love you daddy!
Love you daddy,
Abbie
September 11, 2005
Dear Daddy,
I started 8th grade this week, Our teacher says we have to write about our hero and explain why we picked them to be our hero. I am going to write about you! I was going through our pictures to bring in to show everyone with my essay. I picked five pictures. The first one is when we went to the daddy daughter dance, there is the one where we took the picture of you throwing my birthday cake in my face, there is the one when we went trick of treating and we dressed up as the two headed monster, and the last two are at the firehouse. The first one is when you were driving the fire truck around the parking lot and you let me sit on your lap, and the other one is when we made the foam slip n' slide with all the fire fighters and their family. It feels like yesterday that all of this happened. I miss you alot daddy. I wish i could relive that day. We were so foamy, speacily when your fire chief made that foam mustache. He looks so mean, but he is one funny guy. We have a dance coming up as well daddy. I got a yellow dress for the dance. Mom says it goes amazing with my blonde hair and hazel eyes. I wish you could see my in my dress. Well I have to go daddy moms calling me for dinner. I love you
Love, Abbie
September 11, 2007
Dear Daddy,
Mom is throwing me a sweet sixteen this year! I am kind of excited, But the best present ever would be if you could be here. I understand more of why you went with god this day so long ago. I'm sorry daddy, I wish i could have saved you. I am a sophomore in high school now. I have to get up so early now, sometimes its really hard. I met a boy this year in my choir class. Hes really cute. His name is Chad Robinson. Before he asked me out he wanted to meet you to ask your permission, and i could not help but get over whelmed with tears. As i told him that you were no longer with us he took me into his arms and gave me a tight hug, and offered to walk me to class and carry my things for me. Hes a junior so he asked me to go to prom with him as his girl friend. I decided that i was going to wear a blue dress because i know blue was your favorite color and it will feel like a little piece of you is with me. Well shower time. I love you daddy.
Love,
Daddies little girl
September 11, 2009
Dear Daddy,
Daddy I finally did it!!!! i am graduating. I'm so excited, but i wish you could be here to see me walk across the stage. you would be so proud of me. I got A's in every single one of my classes. Chad and I have been together for a year now. Hes so sweet, For a graduating gift he got a bunch of pictures of you from mom and made me a collage that says daddies little girl in the middle of it. He took a graphic class in college and he took one of you in your fire fighting suit and cropped you inside of one of my senior pictures. Safe to say it made me cry. Chad decided he was going to be a fire fighter just like you daddy. there are so many qualities in him that remind me of you. I hope i dont lose him like i lost you, I dont think my heart could handle that again. I told him finally that i wrote you letters and he said that it was indeed a good thing to do so that way i dont bottle everything up. Well i love you daddy got to go finish laundry.
love,
your little girl
September 11, 2010
Dearest Daddy O'
Its so werid not having to wake up for school any more. I have an interview at Victoria Secret today, Working there would be amazing. Chad and I are still together, I cant believe that its been three years already. We got an apartment five minutes away from the house so if mom needs us we can go help her with what ever. I hate it but mom has found a nice guy she is thinking about dating. I know its mean to not want her to date anyone because she promised to love you forever. His name is james and i told him he will never be my dad, nor will i ever call him dad. I dont think he liked it but its true. I have a dad, you and you gave your life saving people and you died a hero! I love you dad so much. I will write again later I dont want to be late for my interview.
I love you daddy,
<3 Abbie
September 11, 2013
Dear Dad,
I am so excited! Chad asked me to marry him! He took me in a hot air balloon just like you did with mom, He even got down on one knee. Of course i said yes but then i hesitated, I dont have anyone to walk me down the aisle and i am not about to have james walk me down the aisle. So i think i am just going to have mom walk me down and give me away. Shes the only person i love as much as i love you, well other than chad but he cant give me away that would just be silly. We have so much planning to do, I want white and blue roses, and for something blue i am wearing you ring with the blue crystal on a necklace, you know the one mom gave you on your first date. I wish you could be there to give me away daddy. Well i love you dad and i dont mean to rush off but mom is paying for a wedding planner and we cant be late. Shes really strict.
I love you
Abbz
September 11, 2015
Dear Dad,
Chad and I have some special news. You are going to be a grandpa! I am now 9 months pregnant. I could have the baby any day now. I am so scared. Uncle rob joked and said i was to young to have a baby but i am twenty-two years old, You and mom were younger than me when you guys had me. If we have a boy we are naming him after you, It was chads idea he came home and told me that he wanted to name our son Andy, It brought tears to my eyes. His hole name will be Andy Micheal Robinson. Everything is your name except the last name. If its a girl we are going to name her Eva marie Robinson. Oh I didnt tell you i was talking with chads mom and come to find out that he lost his dad on September 11 too! his dad was a cop, When both towers fell he was trying to find people in the rubble and as he was crawling to save someone something fell on him and he got crushed, His radio went out so he ended up losing to much blood and passed away. When they found him they were to late. I felt so bad so when we got home that night we both just cuddled on the couch watching home movie. Well i love you daddy but i am really tired so i am going to go to bed. I love you
Abbie,
I closed the notebook while wiping the tears away from my eyes.
"Abbie we have to get you in your dress or you are going to be late!" my mom screamed again. An hour later i found myself all in white, with my dads ring hanging from my necklace, I grabbed it and kissed the ring while getting ready to walk down the aisle. I watched my son sitting on his aunts lap and i couldnt help but smile.
"Are you ready sweetie" I heard my mom ask while she took my right arm. Shaking my head i nodded that i was. The doors opened, everyone was staring at me, part of me wanted to run away. When suddenly I felt a hand touch my left side. I looked over and my dad was standing next to me starring at me.
" I wouldnt miss this for the world baby girl" my dad smiles at me. I could not believe he was here. I felt a tear slide down my face.
"How are you here dad?" I asked concerned that i was going clinically insane.
"Im a spirit, I have been watching you for a long time Hun, I read all the letters you wrote me, and god let me come down to earth for today" he tried to explain to me.
I didnt care how he was here, even if it was just my imagination, or if i was the only one that could see him, my daddy was walking me down the aisle and that is all that mattered.
No comments:
Post a Comment